HealthierHere is thrilled to announce the launch of a new opportunity called the COVID-19 Outreach and Engagement Fund!
What is the COVID Outreach and Engagement Fund?
HealthierHere and Public Health Seattle and King County are partnering to invest funds into community-based organizations in King County. Funding provided through the COVID-19 Outreach and Engagement Fund is intended to increase community access to scientifically accurate knowledge, an understanding of COVID-19 vaccines, and ultimately, vaccination rates; to accomplish these goals, funded organizations will make strategic investments to support culturally relevant and responsive community-based COVID-19 vaccination in communities disproportionately impacted by COVID-19 and/or with lower vaccination rates.
Based on our available information, we have identified the following communities of focus. These are areas with low COVID vaccination rates or high COVID case rates. There may also be communities that need tailored outreach and education that are not on our list, such as a community with low vaccination rates that is “hidden” in a ZIP code with otherwise high vaccination rates.
- Auburn: (1) youth, (2) Hispanic/Latinx, (3) Pacific Islander communities
- Federal Way: (1) immigrants, (2) youth
- Pacific/Algona: (1) all residents
- Tukwila: (1) Black/African American, (2) Hispanic/Latinx
- Seattle/Central District: (1) Black/African American
- Seattle/downtown, Belltown, SoDo: (1) Black/African American; (2) Hispanic/Latinx; (3) teenage youth
- South Seattle: (1) Hispanic/Latinx, (2) Black/African American
- Renton: (1) Black/African American
- Fall City: (1) rural/white community
- Enumclaw: (1) rural/white community
*Please note that this list is subject to change based on developing data.
How can I apply?
The application deadline for the COVID Outreach and Engagement Fund is August 27th at 11:59pm.
To access the application and learn more about the COVID Outreach and Engagement Fund, please click here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TJYZPK7
Additionally, HealthierHere will be hosting a webinar for those who have questions about this application (optional to attend), which will take place on August 17th from 12-1pm. Please click here to register for the webinar: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZAof-uuqjosGNyzBR7GMuFoGLtmzLI7I7Kg
For further questions, please email Myani Guetta-Gilbert at email@example.com.